Let's close the gap between the political culture we have and the political culture that we know is possible.
Being willing to even consider running for public office takes courage -- thank you. Setting a goal of getting elected, and an agenda of change once you win, can be incredibly rewarding, and perhaps a little daunting.
Luckily, you don't have to do this alone. Effective political leaders know that they themselves need support. As a coach, I support candidates and electeds like you to connect with what's most important to you, see what's getting in the way of running a more effective campaign, and create the structures to give it all you've got. Whether you're just exploring a run for office, or actively engaged in a campaign, talking to a coach can help you can see your path more clearly.
Working with a coach
Coaching for candidates is a growing field. Campaign consultants provide some of this support, but typically offer much more expertise on the 'outer game' -- the messaging, strategies, organization and networking that goes into a successful campaign effort. A coach, on the other hand, is focused on the 'inner game'.
Working with a coach can help a candidate to:
- Accelerate learning throughout the course of the campaign
- Avoid burnout by connecting with our natural capacity to say 'yes' to challenges
- Demonstrate integrity throughout the day-to-day demands of meetings, events and conversations with citizens
- Avoid a campaign that's harder than it has to be
- Prevent burnout after election day
- Put the candidate in charge of the campaign, instead of the other way around
- Quickly move from experiences of being 'stuck' to knowing the next step
I am excited to hear about what you're up to and support you to make things a little easier.